2014 Iowa Caucus Attendees:
Welcome to the 2014 Caucus! My name is Tom Hoefling, and I’m from Lohrville, in Calhoun County. I’m running for governor because I believe that Iowa Republicans deserve to have a choice in the June 3rd primary election, a conservative choice. After all, the word “election” means “choice.”
I have a proven track record of more than twenty years of consistently fighting for the bedrock principles upon which republicanism rests, across Iowa, and across the nation.
In brief, I support Representative Tom Shaw’s House file 138, which will ban abortion and restore equal protection to all persons in our state. I defend one man-one woman marriage and believe that any judge who exceeds his authority must be removed. I fully support the passage of Constitutional Carry legislation, and oppose any law or regulation that in any way infringes on our God-given right to keep and bear arms. I strongly oppose Common Core. It must die. In fact, we must go even further and restore true local control of our schools, which means, of course, restoring control of our education dollars to parents and local taxpayers. And last, I believe that real economic development can only occur with public policies that equally protect and benefit all Iowans, not just a favored few.
I offer our Unity Platform to you as a principled, practical, concise alternative to the party platform of recent years, a document which has become too convoluted to be as useful as it should be in holding our elected officials to account.
For Iowa, for America, for our Posterity,
2014 Republican Candidate for Iowa Governor
Tom Hoefling/Rep. Tom Shaw
2014 Iowa GOP Unity Platform
As Iowa Republicans we hereby declare our unity in firm support of these non-negotiable principles and purposes:
• We're one nation under God, and our rights come from God, not men.
• The first sworn duty of every officer of government is to equally protect every individual person’s God-given, unalienable rights to life, liberty, and private property, from creation to natural death.
• The God-ordained institution of one man-one woman marriage must be preserved.
• The right of the people to Keep and Bear Arms shall not be infringed.
• Our national sovereignty, security, and borders must be defended.
• Our republican form of representative self-government must be upheld.
• The sacred oath of office to support and defend our Constitution must be fulfilled.
In order to secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, we strongly urge our fellow Iowans, and all Americans, to make this platform their own, and to henceforth hold all political leaders, regardless of party, strictly accountable to it.