Dr. David M. Berman
As we look at the polls we see a very interesting stat. Almost 50% of Americans think Obama is doing a good job. Obama is doing better than any Republican could have imagined. I mean let’s look at the facts;
1) 6 trillion in new debt under Obama.
2) Real unemployment around 17 %.
3) In minorities communities’ unemployment is higher than whites.
4) Gas prices up over 100%.
5) Food prices up twice the non-food/energy inflation index.
6) Massive power grab of healthcare.
7) Illegal takeover of General Motors.
8) Almost a billion in loan guarantees given to Obama’s “green energy” buddies who raised money for his campaign. Those companies bankrupt and paid for by tax payers.
9) Housing barely stabilizing in some places while in others still falling.
10) A failed “stimulus” bill in which even Obama admits that his “shovel ready” jobs were “not so shovel ready.”
11) Heavy job killing regulations on business.
I could go on but you get the point. His record is abysmal and yet, almost half the country rates him as doing a “good job.” Why would that be? Well it is not really hard to understand if you look at the transformation of our culture from a culture of personal effort, personal return, personal responsibility, and personal compassion for others, to a culture of selfishness, entitlement, envy, covetousness, and the collectivist mind set. This transformation has been happening since FDR but has been on steroids under Barack Obama. He has masterfully framed the same old tired, worn out class warfare Marxist lie. He has convinced about half the country that the rich are the enemies of liberty and that the government is the engine of prosperity.
Obama has the “it factor” when it comes to making the old Bolshevik case against the “rich.” The rich are tyrants who have taken advantage of the workers and got their money through abuse and must be made to “pay their fair share.” Class warfare appeals to the base sinful nature of man in that is pulls out the inner selfishness. Whipping up the masses against those who have took risks, and made profits is an excellent way to shift the blame of failed government policies to those who overcame the obstacles and succeeded financially. I mean come on, who wants to blame themselves for not doing well in school, not being smart with their own money, charging up credit cards, and buying houses they could not afford? Who wants to blame themselves for failure? It is much easier to blame the top 10% of the rich guys because after all they are “only” paying 71% of all federal income taxes (source http://www.heritage.org/federalbudget/top10-percent-income-earners)
Obama has succeeded in moving the Marxist revival forward. Some principles of communism are:
1) Central control of banking.
2) Abolishment of personal property.
3) Abolishment of inheritance.
4) Government ownership of factories.
5) Central control of all communications.
6) Government control of transportation.
7) Government control of healthcare.
8) Total education run by and paid for by the central government.
9) The abolishment of all market forces concerning wages and commodities.
10) The total abolishment of free speech.
11) The elimination of citizen gun rights.
These tenets of the Marxist evil are being implemented on America. Starting with the Federal Reserve centralized control of the monetary system, all the way to Obamacare, the takeover of GM, the call for more government paid education, and on and on. Obama is a Marxist. There can be no doubt to anyone who has their eyes open. Bill O’Reilly continually says “no one can know for sure if Obama is a socialist.” Bill O’Reilly has to know that Obama is but he seems scared to say so. What more evidence does he need?
In 1998 Obama said “"I think the trick is figuring out how do we structure government systems that pool resources and hence facilitate some redistribution – because I actually believe in some redistribution, at least at a certain level to make sure that everybody's got a shot."
Obama shows his understanding and point of view in this statement. His default position is that those who are not doing well did not have a fair shot. It has nothing to do with each person’s ability, ambition, risk taking but rather unfairness. In fact, in 2008 Charlie Gibson (who is no conservative) explained to Obama that lowering the long term capital gains tax actually brought more money into the government due to expanded economic activity. Obama did not dispute that since the numbers were clear. His answer to Charlie Gibson?...”It’s a matter of fairness.” As with all Marxists, they want all to be equal but they exempt themselves from their so called “equality.” Obama, and his Democrat goons in Congress exempted themselves for Obamacare. It’s the same old thing. Tyranny always protects its leaders.
Obamanomics is really just warmed over Marxism and it will fail in the long run. In the short run it has succeeded. It has not succeeded economically since it never does. However it has succeeded in convincing half the country that Marxist statist rhetoric is indeed speaking the truth. In the words of P.T. Barnum “there is a sucker born every minute.”
Dr. David M. Berman
Senior Pastor, Author.
211 Whitcomb Road
P.O. Box 10357
Swanzey, NH. 03446